Monday, August 6, 2012

Some one's gonna have to send me to crafters rehab

Today, while you napping, my curious critter, mommy took a moment to step back and look at all the new projects she's started since she vowed to not start any new crafts until the old ones where done. Here are all the new crafts I started:


Felt book that only spells half your name and isn't sewn together. 

Monster party favors for your Birthday party in 3 months. I like them because
 my bad sewing and inability to cut a straight line just ad to their charm (right? RIGHT?)

Second more flattering angle of Monsters.  Old lumpy
up top thought he looked to hippy in the last picture. Only ten more to make! 

Deblurring...um de-cluttering my desk my cluttering up my memory board.
Now with nifty thread holder in green made from a paper towel roll (It's an empty roll, just to be clear). 

Nailed the deblurring part! Yep, those are peeps from last Easter (featured in the lower left corner).
I want to see how long it'll take them to start glowing in the dark, or clucking. Which ever happens first. 

Monster envelopes for your Birthday invites, yes the Birthday that's not until October.

A candle made from a clementine (found this one via this site from Pintrest).
I wanted to send a message to the other clementines. 

Poorly covered toy box made from an old diaper box and an
old ripped curtain it's supposed to look like this.


A tenth of the boarder for the kitchen 

Wiggly-eye frame for your first Birthday picture (my main crafting premise
 for your Monster birthday party is put wiggly-eyes on it and it's a monster). I still have many,
 many eyes to apply. 


Picture frame for a photo of your first trip to the beach, that was
 two months ago, that I still haven't developed pictures for. 

Clementine after four hours.


And those sweet boy, are just the ones I'm not to embarrassed to show (and the only ones I remember starting, I'm sure I'll stumble over many many more).


Also, I am in LOVE with the clementine candle.

Seriously, I might write it a poem or a novel that involves star crossed lovers and mythological creatures like werewolves and vampires or rewrite the Minotaur legend into a post-apocalyptic love story that involves reality TV(see what I did there? HUH? HUH? I'm a callin' you out Hunger Games ( I love you more than the candle so it's said with love) to describe my love for you.  Or maybe instead I'll rewrite Gone with the Wind, but set it on Mars and it'll be all about how awesome this discovery is. (I don't know nuthin 'bout lighten no candle!) 

And back to the candle itself, I found the instructions for it here. The way the blogger describes the process it looks like she flips the rind inside out and gets all gentle with it.

I found it easier to cut the clementine in half and just scoop out the flesh. That way the "wick" is fully in tact and you don't break the peel. It does take a long time to light, so long I had to switch lighters so my thumb wouldn't catch on fire.



Who needs photo shop? I have crayons! 

I'll post back later today when the clementine goes out, I'm really curious to see if it'll last 8 days. This would be an awesome Sunday school or Hanukkah teaching project. I will also finish all these projects! In 8 days! Ha, that's the best wrap up I've ever written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment