Friday, June 15, 2012

The Beginning

Today, while you napped dear boy, Mommy cleaned a fan, started a blog, and made an owl crinkly toy for you.


First I laid down for ten minutes because you wore me out this morning.  Then I got up to clean the year worth of dust that had accumulated on the free standing fan in the living room. I didn't remember to turn to the fan off first. Now there is a path of yuck evenly distributed across our floor, it looks like the dust bunnies have started molting (or, in more non child friendly visual, as if the dust bunnies were attacked by a weed whacker). This is why Mommy doesn't clean.

Because I am so hilarious and I'm sure the entire world has been waiting to hear all the fascinating minutia of my life, I started blogging again.  (That's why you heard all those trumpets blaring and angels singing during your nap, the heavens had opened at the joy of my return to the bloggisphere, it had missed my ramblings and tangents so much.)  Because there just aren't enough Narcissus talking about themselves using horrible grammar and disgraceful spelling in the world, I had to fill the niche. It was my civic duty, my son.

After awhile I became bored with(all my ideas were taken) trying to find a witty, yet understated, and poignant yet easy to remember blog name and started to work on your owl crinkly toy again .  Yes handsome, the same 15 minute craft I have been working on for two weeks now. If I could remember where I kept the first 8 patterns I cut out, I would have been done by now, but that's one of the pit falls of mommy trying to clean, I put things down in places I'll remember and then when I try to organize later, I don't know where things are. This is what it's supposed to look like-



Stupid Pinterest making me think I'm Martha and all crafty and stuff. 
So far this is what it does look like-




Maybe I'll just call it your creepy, green goblin, crinkly toy and deem it a success. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment